Friday, June 21, 2013

A Day On The River

If you have ever been white water rafting, then you will know how fun and dangerous it can be. If you haven't been before, you should at least try it once. Make sure you go with pro river guides though.I have been before, but not on a river with big rapids. This would be my first trip on a big rapid river. Rivers have classifications for there rapids, 1-6. 1 being still or calm water, and 6 being Niagara Falls. Ocoee's rapids are rated class 4.
I was able to white water raft the Ocoee river in the southern part of Tennessee with my dad, uncle, and cousins. We drove the hour and twenty minutes early in the morning to get there. Our pro guides were part of the Ocoee Outdoors group. Our Guide, Nick was a veteran of the river and a great guide. Nick brought some of his friends and his fiance with him along the trip. My dad and I sat in the front to fill up the boat. My cousins and I had a bet going to see who could stay on the raft the longest through these rapids. When we hit the second rapid, my older cousin from New York got knocked out of the raft, along with the guide too. Pretty funny considering these guys go down the river several times a day. My dad was the next one to get thrown out of the raft. We got to a point in the river where we were spinning around in circles in a rapid, and the next thing I know my dad flies off backward and starts floating down the river. As I watch him, our raft is still spinning, and then...BOOM! I am knocked out from behind by another river group's raft. I was pulled under the water inside the rapid under the raft. I came back up because of my floatation device, but the raft was directly on top of me. Lots of water coming down on my face to where I couldn't see and I couldn't find which way was up. Finally I was able to get away from the 2 boats that were directly on top of me and swim a bit down river. That was probably the hardest hit I've taken since football. I'll be sore all day. We hit another rapid later down the river where the whole raft turned on its side and everyone including my dad, on the raft came toppling down on me. Couldn't avoid falling off the raft at that point. Thank goodness for the helmets. We hit a few more rapids after that, but lived through them.  I had a great time even though I got knocked off the raft by another company. So exhausted that I slept most of the rest of the day. I did get up to watch the NBA Finals though. 
Sorry I don't have any pictures right now. The lady at the shop said the printer was out and I could order them online when they put them up. I checked and they have not been uploaded yet. I will try to get them at a later date.

This weekend:  Video Shoot 2 finishing up "Stand Tall".

Comment below if you like the blogs.

Thanks


#Juicebeats

No comments:

Post a Comment